What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm Starting Something New

John 15: 1-4
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”


I work full time, I run a Prayer Shawl Ministry and a Writers group, I sing in the choir, I'm an active Elder serving on the board (session) of my church, I'm just starting as a board member of Hope Now - a rehab facility for newly released men and women, I have a dog and two cats, my first book came out in March, my next one is scheduled to come out in 2012, I've been holding book signings around the state all summer, I have several novels I'm pitching to various publishers plus a series of novels I'm halfway through writing. I have a dear friend who wants to date me, but I can't ever seem to find the time.

But sometimes, I feel bored.

I guess one of my problems is my perception of "busy" versus "productive".  As I was growing up, when we'd sit at the dinner table and my parents would ask what we did that day, somehow in my mind, it got impressed into my brain as "What did you accomplish today?"

I wake up each morning itemizing the things I plan to accomplish that day.  (There's probably a medical term for that). 

Well, I have a spare bedroom full of yarn and finished projects with no where to send them.  And a book I'd really like to become a "best seller".  And several items and books and Music CD's that belong to friends of mine who have limited venues to sell them.  And I just think that people who read my books might want something that goes along with the story or characters of these books. 

So I opened a store.  YEP!  I'm tickled pink!  I named it Evelyn's Enchanting Emporium.  You can get to it from my Evelyn-Rainey.com page or directly at http://Shop.Evelyn-Rainey.com

I've got a list of dozens of items I'm going to add to the shop over the years. Online Stores are great -- I don't have to tote and carry the merchandize, nor do I have to sweep up the floor or turn off the lights.  LOL 

Please stop by and let me know what you think. 


Oh Gardener of my soul,
I don’t want to be so busy that I stop being productive.  In my productivity, let me be well-rounded.  Let me be a vine which bears fruit that meets the many different needs of those around me.  When You prune me, let me accept the need for rest and restoration, so that I can bear fruit again.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment