What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A lifetime later

Hmm. The last time I posted was Feb. 2013. That's shameful in a way. But in reality, that was a whole lifetime ago.

Between Feb and now (Oct. 20, 2013):
I have been reunited with my son again after 10 years of not knowing whether he was alive or dead - and he's married and has a child on the way and he's so much fun to be with

I have battled physical illness (aggressive tumors and a really life-altering food toxicity), I have lost over 40 pounds and dropped from a tight size 18 to a perky size 14

I've written seven manuscripts

I have two manuscripts which are going to be published in 2014

I've learned to belly dance.

I've left the church which filled most of my social time; it was a necessary journey I had to take, much like Jesus telling the disciples they should brush the dust off the bottom of their sandals and walk away

I've discovered that the distributor for my first publisher went bankrupt and I'll probably never get my due royalties

I've discovered there are many hundreds of wonderful publishers out there

I've discovered how to use a smartboard

I have come to the conclusion that my GPS has a wicked sense of humor and/or is evil incarnate and/or has a perverse need to send me in loops which always involve driving on I4.

I've discovered you can't argue with a GPS; you should just turn it off.

I've discovered that when you throw a GPS out the window of your car whilst going 90 miles per hour on I4 (which is where you never wanted to be in the first place), you should really unplug it from your car first.

No comments:

Post a Comment