What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When the World says, "Live like you were dying."

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 


Each of us has had that turning point where we stop and declare "from now on, I'm not going to miss out anymore!"  It happened to me -- it happened to you.  There's even a terrific song and accompanying gift-book that support the attitude to live like you were dying.

I figure it took me 45 years to get to this realization.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the years since then.  I figure I have at least 40 more years left.

Fun.  Fun.  Fun.  Don't you wish it could go on forever?

It can.

If you believe in God, you will live forever.  Not your body; your soul.

We are eternal beings locked for less than a century in this body.

So, as you live day by day, live like you are eternal!!



When the World says, "Live like you were dying,"
God says, "You have eternal life."

Wow, God!  As I learn to fully live in this body during this lifetime, help me also to learn things that will help me through all eternity:  Grace, Joy, Hope, Love.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment