What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When the World Says, "You're on your own."


John 16:7
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

            You've been on your own for a long time now, and you like it that way.  You were trained to be self-sufficient and you stand on your own two feet.

But as humans, we are social beings.  We do best in groups.  We like touching each other -- physically and emotionally.  We get lonely.
Even among a crowd, we feel all alone.  Lamentations 1:1 begins with "How lonely sits the city so full of people!"

Sometimes the loneliness is more than we can bear.

God knows this.  he created us to be social creatures.  He wants to be in touch with you all the time, so He sends His presence to abide, comfort, strengthen and encourage you.

When you are drowning in loneliness, open your heat and welcome God's Comforter.

When the World says, "You're on your own,"
God says, "I will send you a Comforter."

My Savior, you  know me - I do things by myself.  I'm proud of being able to survive when most other people wouldn't have.  But do I always have to be on my own?  Let me understand and acknowledge your presence.  Thank you for being with me.  I can do this on my own, but I'd much rather have You with me, comforting me, guiding me, supporting me.  In your name I pray, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment