What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When the World Says, "I can't help you."

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

   28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

 
Probably three out of ten of the letters I get from veterans say about the same thing: "No one will help me."

Veterans face the same battles as civilians -- finances, health, family, employment.  But veterans sometimes are more prone to nightmares, homelessness, debilitating anxiety, loss of friendship, physical, emotional and psychological wounds and the subsequent disabilitiess.

The world (in the guise of the VA, the church, the community, and sometimes even friends and family) seem unable or unwilling to help.  

Jesus said to give Him your burdens.  He promises to give you rest.  When was the last time you slept through the night?  Let Him carry your burdens until you can get back on your feet.  Trust Him to help you.  Trust Him to place the right people and assistance in your path to see you through.

No, the world can't help.  But God can.

When the World says, "I can't help you,"
God says, "Give me your burdens."



Carry my pack for me, Jesus.  Take this burden away from me.  I'm bent double by its load.  When you place people in my path to help, don't let me shove them aside.  Teach me to lean on you.  I don't have to be strong all the time.  I don't have to do this by myself.  Here, Lord, are my burdens.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment