What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When the World Says, “Those were the days!”


Isaiah 40:7-9 (New International Version, ©2010)


7
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
   because the breath of the LORD blows on them.
   Surely the people are grass.
8
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
   but the word of our God endures forever.”
 9 You who bring good news to Zion,
   go up on a high mountain.
You who bring good news to Jerusalem,[a]

   lift up your voice with a shout,
lift it up, do not be afraid;
   say to the towns of Judah,
   “Here is your God!”

Is there anything more boring than listening to an old person talk about how wonderful life USED to be?  How about when someone describes an event from half a century ago in meticulous detail, but can’t tell you one good thing that happened this week.

“Those were the days!” the world declares.  Yep: WERE.  Past tense.

Live now.
Enjoy now. 
Praise now.
Celebrate now.

The past is gone.  It’s nice to remember – if you learned from the experiences and pass on that knowledge.

But Be Alive Now.

When the World Says, "Those were the days!"
God says, "the word of our God endures forever."


Sweet Jesus,
I have about a century to live on this Earth in this body.  Let me not waste the time wishing for yesterday.  Let me make each day a “Glory Day!”  Stop these words from crossing my lips: If only.  What if.  I wish it could have been…  Let me shout “Here is your God!”  Let me be alive with every breath.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment