What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

When the world says, "I'm alone. I'm all alone."


Genesis 28:15 (New International Version, ©2011)

15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”


You're not alone.  There are people all around you.  This planet is swarming with people.  Even if you live thousands of miles from the nearest human, you have contact with people via technology.

However, being surrounded by, or even being shoulder to shoulder with people, you can feel alone.

Loneliness. 

It's like a cancer creeping in slowly, cell by cell until it engulfs you and nothing can heal it.

Sometimes it's easier to shove people away than risk them rejecting you.

Being alone can be a choice.  \
Being lonely can be a choice, too.

But the reality is that you are not alone.  God is with you.  He promised He'd never leave you.  You can ignore Him like you do other friends and families.  But He's not going away.  Even if you don't acknowledge His presence, He's still beside you.

He's not going to leave you alone.  He's not going to leave you lonely.
He promises.


When the world says, "I'm alone.  I'm all alone."
God says, "No you're not.  I'm right here.  I won't leave you."
.

Dear Jesus,
Sometimes, especially when it is quiet around me, I feel so alone.  Sometimes, when something wonderful happens, I look around to share it with a friendly face, and there's no one there.  
Wrap your arms around me, Lord.  Lift this loneliness from my heart.  Thank you for never leaving me.
  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment