What you will find here

This is a place to examine plans filled with hope; plans which promise a refuge from chaos; plans which will shape our futures. Veterans with and without PTSD, Pentecostal Presbyterians, Adjudicated Youth, and Artists-Musicians-Writers: I write what I know. ~~~ Evelyn

Friday, October 19, 2012

'Longers Lament

‘Longers Lament
Sung to The Pilgrims’ Chorus by Wagner

Once more Banyan I with rapture behold thee
And greet the Tree who shall sweetly enfold me.
With‘longer’s staff I here return
My passage through the Tree ensure.
I have been true to kith and kin,
My ranch, my strength,
My heart, my friends.
The Tree shall be my rest eternally;
Until I wake, I will sleep in peace.
Until I wake, I will sleep in peace,
And dream of trees and grass and skies.
I fear no dark my soul to face,
I lay serene in the Tree’s Embrace.
Once more dear Banyan, I rest in thee.
Hallelujah.Hallelujah. Until the next Song.


Songs and Stories from A Filker’s Companion to Bedina’s War

No comments:

Post a Comment